The correct use: colored varnish
On this page you will learn how to use our colored varnishes correctly.
- Colorful varnish
- fine sandpaper
- possibly. Painter's tape and masking paper to mask the area not to be coated
- Paint roller or brush (we recommend our Premium painting set X300)
- if necessary, a dilution (this can also be used afterwards to clean the device)
- The average consumption is around 7-8 sqm/l. However, this information may vary if you use thinner or apply thicker layers.
- The processing and especially the drying of our colored varnishes should not take place below 10°C. Temperatures between 15°C and 25°C are ideal. Humidity should not be more than 65%. This information refers to the paint material, substrate and ambient temperature during processing and the subsequent drying and curing time.
- Remove possible sources of dust.
- Use painter's tape and paper to mask off the areas that should not be coated.
- The surface must be sanded before use and must be clean, dry, free of grease, silicone and wax. You must first remove any loose old paint or rust.
Important: Do not use soapy cleaners or scouring milk. These are made from fatty acids and are therefore not suitable for dissolving fat.
- If desired, dilute the colored varnish with approx. 5-10% Thinner 700. Stir the product well before use.
- Spray, roll or brush the paint in thin layers. One or two coats are recommended. Drying takes place after 12 hours. The product can then be easily painted over. After 7 days the paint is completely hardened.
Ready for your project? Whether matt, semi-matt or glossy, colorless or in over 200 different RAL colors; We offer you a large selection of high-quality colored varnishes.