The correct use: 2K swimming pool paint for GRP / plastic / polyester
- a 2K swimming cheek paint (includes the base paint including hardener)
- possibly. Painter's tape and masking paper to mask the area not to be coated
- Paint roller or brush (we recommend our Premium painting set X300)
- Descaler / degreaser
- if necessary, a dilution (this can also be used afterwards to clean the device)
- The processing and especially the drying of 2-component paints should not take place below 10°C. This information refers to the paint material, substrate and ambient temperature during processing and the subsequent drying and curing time of at least 5 days. Temperatures that are too low lead to drying and hardening problems because the necessary chemical reaction cannot take place. Even a briefly cooler temperature can lead to problems.
- Remove all possible sources of dust.
- Use painter's tape to cover the surfaces of the tiles that should not be coated (also silicone for tiles!).
- Clean, descale and degrease the surface thoroughly and then rinse it with water.
Important: Do not use soapy cleaners or scouring creams. These are made from fatty acids and are therefore not suitable for dissolving fat.
- The two components, i.e. paint and hardener, are mixed together in a certain ratio immediately before processing. For our paints the ratio is 5:1 (by volume/liters). This means that 5 parts varnish and 1 part hardener are measured and mixed using a measuring cup. Only as much paint should be mixed as is necessary for the work process. The average consumption of the paint is around 7-8 m²/l. However, this information may vary if you use thinner or apply thicker layers. Once the hardener has been added, the hardening process can no longer be reversed. Stir the mixture well for at least a minute.
- The processing time for our 2K paints is around 4-5 hours. For some materials, in addition to the pot life (time between mixing the paint and the end of the processing time), there is also a processing time. Optimum processing is only possible during this time. Afterwards, the processability and the painting result deteriorate, even if the paint is still liquid and no change can be seen. Always mix only as much paint as can be processed in one operation.
- Now paint the surface. We recommend two thin coats of paint to get the best result.
- After approx. 60 minutes the paint is dust dry. Another layer can be applied after 4-6 hours.
- After 12 hours you can easily remove the painter's tape. Final hardness is achieved after 5-7 days.
Ready for your project? Whether matt, semi-matt or glossy, colorless or in over 200 different RAL colors; We offer you a large selection of high-quality 2K swimming pool colors.