The correct use: concrete paint
You can find out here how to use the Farbenlöwe concrete paint correctly, what to watch out for and what you need.
You need- Concrete paint
- Possibly painter's tape to mask off the area not to be coated
- Paint roller, brush or airless spray gun
- If required, a thinner (this can also be used afterwards to clean the device)
Preparations and processing:
- The processing and especially the drying should not take place below 10°C. This information relates to the paint material, substrate and room temperature during processing and the subsequent drying and curing time.
- The surface must be dry and free of dust and grease. Important: Do not use soapy cleaners or scouring milk. (These are made from fatty acids and are therefore not suitable for dissolving grease.) You must remove old paintwork to ensure resistance to aggressive media. Mineral substrates must be dry, set and clean. For repeat coats, thoroughly clean the old coating of algae, dirt and deposits. Remove unstable subsoil.
- Use painter's tape to mask off the areas that are not to be coated. Stir the paint well before use.
- A primer is not necessary. You can also use the pool color as a primer.
- If desired, thin the concrete paint with approx. 5 - 10% thinner.
- Spray, roll or brush paint. One or two coats are recommended. The coating must be applied when the weather is dry, direct sunlight and a substrate that is too cold should be avoided.
The drying takes place after three to eight hours. The product can then also be painted over.
Ready for your project? Whether grey, blue or in over 200 different RAL colors; we offer you a large selection of high quality concrete colours.