The correct use: 2K swimming pool paint for GRP / plastic / polyester
-2 K swimming pool paint (contains the base paint incl. hardener)
- possibly masking tape to mask off the area not to be coated
- paint roller or brush
- descaler / degreaser
- If necessary, a thinner (this can also be used afterwards to clean the device.
- The processing and especially the drying of 2-component paints should not take place below 10°C. This information refers to the paint material, substrate and room temperature during processing and the subsequent drying and curing time of 5 days. Temperatures that are too low lead to drying and hardening problems, since the necessary chemical reaction cannot take place. A short-term cooler temperature can also lead to problems.
- Dust sources should be removed.
- Use painter's tape to mask off the areas around the tiles that are not to be coated. (Silicone too!)
- The substrate must be dry and free of dust and grease. You must remove old coatings to ensure resistance to aggressive media. The substrate must be dry, set and clean. For repeat coats, thoroughly clean the old coating of algae, dirt and deposits. Remove unstable subsoil.
- The two components, i.e. paint and hardener, are mixed together in a specific ratio directly before processing. With our paints, the ratio is 5:1 (by volume/litres). This means that 5 parts of paint and 1 part of hardener are measured and mixed in a measuring cup. Only as much paint should be mixed as is necessary for the work step. Once the hardener has been added, the hardening process can no longer be reversed. Stir the mixture well for at least 1 minute.
- The processing time for our 2K colors is around 4 - 5 hours. In addition to the pot life (time between mixing the color and the end of the processing time), some materials also have a processing time. Optimum processing is only possible during this time. After that, the workability and the painting result deteriorate, even if the paint is still liquid and no change can be seen. So please only mix as much paint as you can use in one go.
- Now paint the background. We recommend two thin coats to get the best result.
After approx. 60 minutes the paint is dust-dry. After 12 hours you can easily remove the masking tape.
- The final hardness is reached after 5-7 days. After that, you can fill the basin with water without worry.
Ready for your project? Whether matt, satin or glossy, colorless or in over 200 different RAL colors; we offer you a large selection of high-quality swimming pool paints for GRP.