The correct use: 2K clear coat
- a 2K paint (contains the base paint including hardener)
- possibly painter's tape to mask off the area not to be coated
- Paint roller or brush
- Decalcifier / degreaser
- If necessary, a dilution (this can also be used afterwards to clean the device.)
- The processing and especially the drying of 2-component paints should not take place below 10°C. This information refers to the paint material, substrate and room temperature during processing and the subsequent drying and curing time of 5 days. Temperatures that are too low lead to drying and hardening problems, since the necessary chemical reaction cannot take place. A short-term cooler temperature can also lead to problems.
- Dust sources should be removed.
- Use painter's tape to mask off the areas that are not to be coated.
- Clean / descale / degrease the surface thoroughly and then rinse the surface with water.
Important: Do not use soapy cleaners or scouring milk. (These are made from fatty acids and are therefore not suitable for dissolving fat.)
- The two components, i.e. paint and hardener, are mixed together in a specific ratio directly before processing. With our paints, the ratio is 5:1 (by volume/litres). This means that 5 parts of paint and 1 part of hardener are measured and mixed in a measuring cup. Only as much paint should be mixed as is necessary for the work step. Once the hardener has been added, the hardening process can no longer be reversed. Stir the mixture well for at least 1 minute.
- The processing time for our 2K paints is around 4 - 5 hours. In addition to the pot life (time between mixing the color and the end of the processing time), some materials also have a processing time. Optimum processing is only possible during this time. After that, the workability and the painting result deteriorate, even if the paint is still liquid and no change can be seen. So please only mix as much paint as you can use in one go.
- Now paint the background. We recommend two thin coats to get the best result.
- After approx. 60 minutes the paint is dust-dry. After 12 hours you can easily remove the masking tape.